Recipe credit: https://www.japancentre.com/en/recipes/16-matcha-green-tea-latte-hot-or-iced
I made this latte this morning and it is easily the best thing I’ve had to drink all week. I think it may become a Sunday tradition. Creamy, sweet, frothy, and retains that lovely matcha flavour. I’m considering picking up some flavoured matcha to try different kinds. I’ll make a video sometime of the preparation of the latte.
1 tsp matcha green tea powder
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp warm water
250ml cold milk or 300ml hot milk
How To Prepare
- Spoon the matcha green tea powder and the sugar into a mug or cup.
- Add the warm water and mix with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan and pour into the mug until nearly full. Use cold milk for an iced latte.
- Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk together until smooth and light green in colour.
- If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration. Or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.